May, 2014 (iOS) / March, 2015 (Android)
Twist, pinch, and drag. Hyper Square is a rich audio visual experience that takes you through multiple worlds of elegantly simple gameplay. The game has only one objective: place all squares into their respective targets as fast as possible to keep the timer ticking. As the difficulty ramps up, your timer will be reduced to fractions of a second. Survive long enough to compete on the world leaderboards!
Hyper Square explores gesture-based gameplay by combining common gestures we've learnt through smart devices into something fun and challenging. The square was chosen not merely for aesthetics, but because it is the most practical and logical shape for communicating the gameplay to players. We wanted each element to form a consistent whole. Additionally, the games audio visual elements were designed to be core components of the interaction. Each gesture allows the game to evolve a little bit more, the squares beat faster, the sound builds up, and the environment dances with growing intensity. We want Hyper Square not just to be another minimal-masocore arcade game, but instead a full-bodied experience that will leave long-lasting impressions.
- Immersive audio visual experience that evolves as you play
- Intense arcade play using familiar gestures
- 8 Unlockable Levels
- 100+ Challenges
- Competitive leaderboards
- Awesome soundtrack
Original iOS Trailer YouTube
Android Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Casual Connect Asia 2014 IndiePrize Critic's Choice" Singapore, May, 2014
- "Apple Best of May 2014" App Store, May, 2014
- "Hyper Square is your next mobile twitch addiction."
- John Polson, IndieGames.com
- "If you want to test your reactions with simple-but-hard-to-master gameplay, you should look at Hyper Square."
- Marcus Schwarten, iPlayApps.de
- "I have to admit it's a blast to play"
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "...when it’s on, is absolutely sublime"
- Carter Dotson, 148Apps
- "a stimulating and compulsive little puzzler"
- Alex Beech, AppSpy
- 學院派天秤座, Bahamut
More music from the composer, Triodust at soundcloud.com.
SIGONO (originally known as Team Signal) is an indie game studio that strives to tell heartfelt stories through experimental, yet approachable gameplay.
More information on SIGONO, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Hyper Square Credits
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks