22 October, 2015
|Free to Try|
|Full Version 1.99 USD|
After eons of spreading across the cosmos, humanity has lost its way back. Peer into a forgotten galaxy to rediscover our planet of origin through the lense of a deep space telescope. OPUS: The Day We Found Earth takes you on a journey through the stars. Help the childlike robot Emeth carry on his creator's will, and find our long lost home together, as he realizes a greater purpose inside his tiny mechanical heart.
The concept of OPUS was originally pitched as a meditative stargazing experience. Presented by Brian Lee as a break away from the twitchy arcade games that SIGONO (originally Team Signal) has become somewhat known for. Throughout early development, the game became increasingly story-driven to provide context for the emotional experience that we were trying to create. Through countless revisions and research (across many different subjects), the story and mechanics eventually took shape in its current form, and everything else naturally fell into place. In addition to the gameplay, OPUS is also SIGONO's first attempt at incorporating a full soundtrack into a game. As the overall aesthetic slowly came together, designer Scott Chen worked closely with composer Triodust to help boost the immersion and bring out the peaks and valleys of the story. The original soundtrack launched along with the game on iTunes and Bandcamp. Since launch, OPUS' unconventional storytelling and gameplay has received strong emotional feedback from players, and numerous recognitions including a Google Editors' Choice, nomination for Best Meaningful Play at the International Mobile Gaming Awards, and nomination for Best Mobile Game, Best Music And Sounds at IndiePlay.
- EXPLORE - Sail through a boundless sky full of secrets and beauty, meticulously crafted for hours of exploration.
- STORY - Experience a story of purpose, pursuit and loneliness. Professionally translated for multiple languages.
- MUSIC - Enjoy a full soundtrack of original music from composer Triodust, woven deeply into every corner of the game.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Google Editors' Choice" December, 2015
- "Nomination for Best Meaningful Play at the International Mobile Gaming Awards" February, 2016
- "Nomination for Excellence in Audio at IndiePlay" July, 2016
- "Best Mobile Game at IndiePlay" July, 2016
- "Though small in size this game is powerful in the emotion of the story it's telling so you may want to be sure there is a tissue nearby"
- Lori.h, Jay is games
- "OPUS is a game about lighthearted space exploration and stargazing that fits this purview to a T."
- Joe Donnelly, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "I resonated with it (OPUS) on a spiritual level."
- Heather Johnson, OPNoobs
More music from the composer, Triodust at soundcloud.com.
SIGONO (originally known as Team Signal) is an indie game studio that strives to tell heartfelt stories through experimental, yet approachable gameplay.
More information on SIGONO, our logo & relevant media are available here.
OPUS: The Day We Found Earth Credits