22 April, 2016
OPUS: The Day We Found Earth is a stargazing experience handcrafted for people who enjoy story driven games and arguing about Pluto. After eons of spreading across the cosmos, humanity has lost its way back. Help the childlike robot Emeth carry on his creator's will of finding our long lost home, and peer into a forgotten galaxy through the lens of a deep space telescope.
The concept of OPUS was originally pitched as a meditative stargazing experience. Presented by Brian Lee as a break away from the twitchy arcade games that SIGONO (originally Team Signal) has become somewhat known for. Throughout early development, the game became increasingly story-driven to provide context for the emotional experience that we were trying to create. Through countless revisions and research (across many different subjects), the story and mechanics eventually took shape in its current form, and everything else naturally fell into place. Since launch, OPUS' unconventional storytelling and gameplay has received strong emotional feedback from players, and numerous recognitions including a Google Editors' Choice, Best Mobile Game at IndiePlay 2016, and nomination for Best Meaningful Play at the International Mobile Gaming Awards.
- EXPLORE - Sail through a boundless sky full of secrets and beauty, meticulously crafted for hours of exploration.
- STORY - Experience a story of purpose, pursuit and loneliness. Professionally translated for multiple languages.
- MUSIC - Enjoy a full soundtrack of original music from composer Triodust, woven deeply into every corner of the game.
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for OPUS: The Day We Found Earth. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Google Editors' Choice" December, 2015
- "Nomination for Best Meaningful Play at the International Mobile Gaming Awards" February, 2016
- "Nomination for Excellence in Audio at IndiePlay" July, 2016
- "Best Mobile Game at IndiePlay" July, 2016
- "Though small in size this game is powerful in the emotion of the story it's telling so you may want to be sure there is a tissue nearby"
- Lori.h, Jay is games
- "OPUS is a game about lighthearted space exploration and stargazing that fits this purview to a T."
- Joe Donnelly, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "I resonated with it (OPUS) on a spiritual level."
- Heather Johnson, OPNoobs
More music from the composer, Triodust at soundcloud.com.
SIGONO (originally known as Team Signal) is an indie game studio that strives to tell heartfelt stories through experimental, yet approachable gameplay.
More information on SIGONO, our logo & relevant media are available here.
OPUS: The Day We Found Earth Credits