Press / Business contact:
SIGONO (originally known as Team Signal) is an indie game studio that strives to tell heartfelt stories through experimental, yet approachable gameplay.
SIGONO (originally known as Team Signal) began when Brian Lee and Scott Chen met during their post-grad at Carnegie Mellon University in 2011. Throughout the course they worked on a number of prototypes, including 'Last Signal', a game that utilizes the Xbox Kinect's functionality. The title would eventually be acquired by Microsoft and is also how the studio got its name.And then
After releasing Castle Rider in late 2013 to moderate success, the studio began work on Hyper Square in 2014, which was released in April and would go on to win numerous awards. Throughout the second half of 2014, the studio worked on the their third title, Earthworm Alchemy, which was released in early 2015.After that
In 2015, The studio decided to break away from fast-paced action and explore the medium further. We set out to create something that evoked a sense of wonder and warmth, and the result was OPUS: The Day We Found Earth. Since launch, OPUS' unconventional storytelling and gameplay has received strong emotional feedback from players, and numerous awards and recognitions. Armed with a fresh outlook, the team marches onward in our little corner of the Pacific.And now
In mid 2016, after all the positive response we've got from OPUS, SIGONO began work on their most ambitious project yet. Code named Heaven, the new game will be set in a different world from OPUS, but will be the same in spirit. Our goal is to make games that move and inspire, and we invite those who share the interest to join our quest.
OPUS: The Day We Found Earth YouTube
Earthworm Alchemy YouTube
Earthworm Alchemy - Behind the Scenes YouTube
Hyper Square YouTube
Castle Rider YouTube
There are far more images available for SIGONO, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Unity Unite Best Student Game Finalist" - 2012
- "Global Game Jam Judge Choice Winner" - 2012
- "Global Game Jam Audience Choice Winner" - 2012
- "Microsoft Kinect Best Use of Kinect Winner" - 2013
- "Activision Indie Game Competition Finalist" - 2013
- "Apple Best Of May" - 2014
- "Starbucks Pick up of the week" - 2014
- "Unity 2D Game Showcase" - 2014
- "Quality Index Finest Game Publisher" - 2014
- "Casual Connect Asia Critic Choice Award Winner" - 2014
- "Pocket Gamer Top 10 Great Mobile Game at CCSF" - 2014
- "Top 10 Most Challenging game" - 2015
- "Apple Best Game You've Never Played" - 2015
- "Apple Best Of October" - 2015
- "Google Editors' Choice" - 2015
- "Nomination for Best Meaningful Play at the International Mobile Gaming Awards" - 2016
- "Nomination for Excellence in Audio at IndiePlay" - 2016
- "Best Mobile Game at IndiePlay" - 2016
- "Hyper Square is your next mobile twitch addiction."
- John Polson, IndieGames.com
- "I have to admit it's a blast to play!"
- Chris Priestman, Pocket Gamer
- "when it's on, is absolutely sublime!"
- Carter Dotson, 148Apps
- "a stimulating and compulsive little puzzler"
- Alex Beech, AppSpy
- "Though small in size this game is powerful in the emotion of the story it's telling so you may want to be sure there is a tissue nearby"
- Lori.h, Jay is games
- "OPUS is a game about lighthearted space exploration and stargazing that fits this purview to a T."
- Joe Donnelly, Rock Paper Shotgun
Triodust's music at soundcloud.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
Graphic Designer, Artist